Tuesday 5 August 2008

I heard a rumour…

Today site was very quiet. In fact, at lunchtime, you could hear the tumbleweed blow through the pub. Kevin the joiner was asleep on the bench seating. Everyone was staring into the middle distance as they munched their sandwiches. And why? Because all but Stevie ‘never touch a drop’ C & the decorator-in-chief (who was going home to his friend Mr Bonaparte, brandy, geddit??) had a touch of a hangover. Because last night was the contractor’s party. Much fun was had by all, and everyone deserved it because they’ve all worked so hard.

Andy the landscaper spent some time last night asking why I’d not updated this page. I won’t give a detailed account of the conversation as most of it was (on my part) in wine speak, so probably made little sense then and would make even less in text. He apparently checks it quite a lot. Vanity, gets ‘em every time! (only joking Andy)

Anyhow – The rumour also got to me today through a spy in the council chambers that there had been mumblings of concern around the dusty towers of the town hall. These mumblings seemed to think that the refurb was under threat due to…my lack of blogging. I believe that there was fear that my silence meant that work had ceased. Not so my good council types! I was just very very busy. It's quite time-consuming, starting a new business, not to mention the baby... To scotch these rumours and to keep Andy happy, I’m back blogging with a vengeance.

And, before you ask, I won't post any pictures from the party last night. What do you think this is, some sort of 3-am girls’ gossip blog? Tsk.

Who am I kidding? Here's some of John Towey, master plasterer, doing some bar tending. Also a spot of dancing / fighting with Warren, who was defending his bar with honour. Beautiful.



No comments: